Individual sessions are offered at 21 Constantia Road, Plumstead.
Please contact Julie to make an appointment.
"Food: Friend, Foe or Fuel"
This is a 2-hour workshop for schoolgirls between the ages of 9-18 years.
The aim is to explore the relationships girls and young women have with their bodies, food and themselves.
The concept of hunger and learning how to feed the whole self is discussed, thus facilitating the development of healthy eating behaviour.
Please contact Julie if you would like her to run this workshop at your school.
2-day foundational course for dietitians on "Treating the Emotional Eater"
This course aims to give an in-depth understanding into the emotional nature of eating and how to work with it in the dietetic setting.
Julie McIntosh and Janet Earl will be sharing with you their vast experience in this field.
Topics covered include:
- Exploring the interface between psychology and nutrition
- Goals of nutritional therapy
- Gaining insight into the hidden world of disordered eating
- Etiological aspects
- How to create a holding environment/therapeutic container for exploration of the food and body space
- Case studies and role playing
- Therapeutic concepts such as the therapeutic alliance; transference and counter-transference; transactional analysis; self regulation
- Therapeutic skills such as boundary management; mindfulness; and interpretation
- Practical application in the dietetic setting
- Earn 14 CEU points
Julie McIntosh (Dietitian) (CV)
Janet Earl (Clinical Psychologist) (CV)
Cost: R1950 (R800 deposit on booking)
Venue: 21 Constantia Rd, Plumstead, Cape Town
Date: 11 May 08h30-17h00
Date: 12 May 08h00-17h00
Date: 7 September 08h30-17h00
Date: 8 September 08h30-17h00
The course is limited to 15 delegates only. Lunch and teas included.
Please click here to register.